Firstly, we believe in developing safe, confident and happy divers that will truly feel ready to continue exploring the underwater world, once they qualify. This takes time to achieve and a considerable amount of practice to master key skills such as buoyancy. For this reason, we do not believe in the following practices which are (unfortunately) very common in the industry:
- Fast track courses
- Groups of more than two students per instructor
- Fixed course schedules
- Ticking boxes
Therefore, we take pride in differentiating ourselves from others in the industry. To begin with, unlike many other dive centres, our sessions are delivered on a private, tailored basis. There are no fixed dates and large groups, so you can expect to learn at your own pace and have the full, undivided attention of your instructor at all times.
This is the only way to provide you with the best level of service and a completely personalised experience.
The programmes comprises the following components, which will be discussed with you in much more detail:
- An introductory preparation session
- Digital, self-study learning materials, including online workbooks and videos
- Further instructor-led education sessions (can be delivered online or in person)
- Knowledge review quizzes and a final multiple choice exam
- Pool sessions required to master to your skills and gain confidence
- A swim assessment before progressing to open water
- Open water dives – a minimum of 4 is required.
The Open Water Diver programme is performance-based, not time-based. Therefore, our aim is to get you to a stage where you are confident, comfortable and safe enough to complete the programme. In most cases, this takes time and cannot be achieved in a couple of weekends!