Search and Recovery
This programme provides the skills and concepts required to safely plan and conduct search and recovery dives. You will learn about search patterns, specialised dive plans, underwater communication, and how to recover small to medium-sized objects using specialised equipment, like lift bags.
You will earn the SSI Search and Recovery Specialty certification after completing this programme, which can be counted towards SSI recognition ratings, such as Specialty Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver and Master Diver.
Please note: this course requires team work, so cannot be delivered on a 1:1 basis.
Why choose us
Here’s why you should choose us for your continuous education and specialty courses.
- We are friendly, professional and family-oriented
- Safety is our number one priority. Fun and customer experience is second
- No pressure teaching style
- Small groups
- For family groups or private courses, we can schedule dates to suit your needs
- Complete your pool and theory training in the UK. Choose to complete your open water dives in the UK or abroad.
- We strive to exceed the basic standards set by SSI to provide the very best training you will find
- We meet or exceed standards set by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
- Our instructors have deep experience in a wide range of conditions, in the UK and abroad
- On average, our instructors have more than 1,000 dives each
- We use well-maintained, top quality equipment for your comfort and safety.
What we offer
Here is a what we offer. Members receive a 10% discount on this course. Find out about membership here.
£ 225One time fee
- Your digital training
- Your online or in person academic training
- Your pool training
- Your open water dives
- Your equipment hire
- Your air fills
- Your digital SSI certification card.
Every diver will have different reasons for wanting to learn. SSI allows us to provide a flexible approach to create the right training for you. We can’t include every possible option here, so please get in touch to discuss your personal requirements. Here are some ideas!
- Learn or qualify in warmer waters!
- Equipment or course bundles to suit your needs
- Learn & stay with us in Cornwall (ideal for couples).
What's not included
We have made our pricing as complete as possible. Due to the nature of this course, there will be some variable charges that are additional (shown below). We can provide indicative costs for you once we discuss where you will be completing your open water dives. Let’s have a chat!
- Travel and accommodation
- Food and drinks
- Entry fees to training sites (if applicable)
- Credit card style SSI certification card.
Want to book this course?
If you’re ready to book this course, great! If you want to have a chat first or find out more about private or tailored packages, please reach out.