Manta and Ray Ecology
In this programme you will learn all about rays – how they are different from sharks, their habitat, diet and how to identify the common species.
Pool and open water sessions are not required but the course includes a detailed academic session, where we will ensure you are comfortable with the information covered in the course.
This course is part of a series of ecology specialties and are suitable for divers and non-divers, who wish to learn more about the world’s fascinating aquatic realm. The course can be delivered online, in-person and also combined with real open water experiences for qualified divers. This makes it an excellent choice for children and families, as well as being a great addition to a trip.
Why choose us
Here’s why you should choose us for your ecology course.
- We are friendly, professional and family-oriented
- We always strive for customer excellence
- No pressure teaching style
- Small groups
- Private 1:1 training offered (additional fees apply)
- For family groups or private courses, we can schedule dates to suit your needs
- Combine these ecology courses with a trip or holiday, for the ultimate real world experience
- We strive to exceed the basic standards set by SSI to provide the very best training you will find
- Our experienced instructors have first-hand knowledge of each ecology programme
- We use up-to-date teaching resources
- Ecology programmes can be delivered online or in-person, allowing us to teach you wherever you are in the world.
What we offer
Here is a what we offer. Members receive a 10% discount on this course. Find out about membership here.
£ 85One time fee
- Your digital training
- Your online or in person academic session
- Your digital SSI certification card.
£ 425One time fee
- A bundle of 6 ecology programmes (save £85)
- Your digital training
- Your online or in person academic sessions
- Your digital SSI certification cards.
Every diver will have different reasons for wanting to learn. SSI allows us to provide a flexible approach to create the right training for you. We can’t include every possible option here, so please get in touch to discuss your personal requirements. Here are some ideas!
- Combine this course with a trip or holiday!
- Equipment or course bundles to suit your needs
- Private tuition
- Learn & stay with us in Cornwall (ideal for couples).
What's not included
Our pricing for this course is complete. We provide options to complete your academic training online or in-person, depending on your location. The only other addition would be if you wanted to upgrade to a credit card style SSI certification card (a digital certification is already included).
Want to book this course?
If you’re ready to book this course, great! If you want to have a chat first or find out more about private or tailored packages, please reach out.