The ocean is filled with fascinating and beautiful fish of every shape and size. This specialty programme teaches you the skills and concepts required to identify the common families of Caribbean, Indo-Pacific, and Red Sea reef fish.
Pool and open water sessions are not required but the course includes a detailed academic session, where we will ensure you are comfortable with the information covered in the course.
This course is part of a series of ecology specialties and are suitable for divers and non-divers, who wish to learn more about the world’s fascinating aquatic realm. The course can be delivered online, in-person and also combined with real open water experiences for qualified divers. This makes it an excellent choice for children and families, as well as being a great addition to a trip.
Why choose us
Here’s why you should choose us for your ecology course.
- We are friendly, professional and family-oriented
- We always strive for customer excellence
- No pressure teaching style
- Small groups
- Private 1:1 training offered (additional fees apply)
- For family groups or private courses, we can schedule dates to suit your needs
- Combine these ecology courses with a trip or holiday, for the ultimate real world experience
- We strive to exceed the basic standards set by SSI to provide the very best training you will find
- Our experienced instructors have first-hand knowledge of each ecology programme
- We use up-to-date teaching resources
- Ecology programmes can be delivered online or in-person, allowing us to teach you wherever you are in the world.
What we offer
Here is a what we offer. Members receive a 10% discount on this course. Find out about membership here.
£ 85One time fee
- Your digital training
- Your online or in person academic session
- Your digital SSI certification card.
£ 425One time fee
- A bundle of 6 ecology programmes (save £85)
- Your digital training
- Your online or in person academic sessions
- Your digital SSI certification cards.
Every diver will have different reasons for wanting to learn. SSI allows us to provide a flexible approach to create the right training for you. We can’t include every possible option here, so please get in touch to discuss your personal requirements. Here are some ideas!
- Combine this course with a trip or holiday!
- Equipment or course bundles to suit your needs
- Private tuition
- Learn & stay with us in Cornwall (ideal for couples).
What's not included
Our pricing for this course is complete. We provide options to complete your academic training online or in-person, depending on your location. The only other addition would be if you wanted to upgrade to a credit card style SSI certification card (a digital certification is already included).
Want to book this course?
If you’re ready to book this course, great! If you want to have a chat first or find out more about private or tailored packages, please reach out.