This programme gives you the skills and experience required to safely lead groups of certified divers, and is the first step towards an exciting career as an SSI Professional without requiring you to complete an Instructor programme.
The great thing about this programme is that you can choose to certify as a professional or non-professional. Professional Dive Guides can work for SSI Training Centres, guiding dives in a variety of environments and conditions. This requires affiliation with an SSI Training Centre and maintaining an active status with SSI.
Non-professional Dive Guides learn the same skills but do not act in a professional capacity and therefore, will not need to maintain active status with SSI. This is a good option for those who may want to lead dives with family or friends. It also allows younger divers who may want to become a dive professional later on, to start learning the skills and gaining experience.
Why choose us
Here’s why you should choose us for the Dive Guide course.
- We are friendly, professional and family-oriented
- Safety is our number one priority. Fun and customer experience is second
- Gain experience with an active SSI Training Centre and Dive Club
- Private 1:1 training offered (additional fees apply)
- Complete your training in a variety of environments, including warmer waters and more challenging UK diving conditions
- We strive to exceed the basic standards set by SSI to provide the very best training you will find
- We meet or exceed standards set by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
- Our instructors have deep experience in a wide range of conditions, in the UK and abroad
- On average, our instructors have more than 1,000 dives each
- We use well-maintained, top quality equipment for your comfort and safety.
Want to book this course?
Let’s have a chat to discuss your requirements.