28th May 2022 – 4th June 2022
Located on the Sinai Peninsula approximately 80 km north of Sharm el-Sheikh, Dahab is a former Bedouin fishing spot. Today, it’s considered to be one of Egypt’s most treasured diving destinations. Dahab is home to the world-renowned Blue Hole and some of the most pristine reefs in the Egyptian Red Sea.
We’ve had some truly amazing adventures here in previous years.
In 2022, we’re excited to be back and pleased to be partnering with the lovely Renate at Black Rock Diving Centre. This promises to be the best trip yet!
We’re staying at the 4* Swiss Inn Resort in Dahab, which is both comfortable and convenient – being just a 200m beach walk to the dive centre.
Swiss Inn Resort occupies a prime location on a wide stretch of Dahab’s lagoon beach, surrounded by lush gardens and relaxing ambience.
The resort features two restaurants and a beach bar. There is a wide range of water sports available including windsurfing, kayaks, and water skiing. The resort also has beach activities, a spa, fitness centre and is also family-friendly, with a kid’s club designed for the younger ones.
Our specially negotiated rate includes a stunning Garden View room, use of facilities, breakfast and unlike previous trips, evening meals too (alcoholic drinks excluded). As prices at local restaurants have gone up quite a bit, this option provides the best value.
The reefs of the Red Sea are well suited to all levels of diver. Whether you are new to diving or more experienced, you will not be disappointed by the beautiful, colourful reefs and crystal clear blue waters.
Our diving package includes three full days of beach diving, including time at the world-renowned Blue Hole. The outer reef here is truly stunning, with many beautiful corals and is teeming with all kinds of reef fish. The light reflections within the Blue Hole itself is also increasingly beautiful and totally mesmerising – a great one for photography! You will usually see lots of freediving going on here too.
Technical divers also come here to descend down to the infamous archway at 56 metres, which cuts through 30 metres of reef before you reach the open ocean. As a non-technical diving group, we will not be doing this dive – but it’s interesting to watch others).
We will also have two full days boat diving at local offshore sites.
After diving, there will be plenty of time to relax within the resort and you will be able use the pool and other facilities or relax with friends in the lounges / bars. There are water sports and activities available from the hotel.
On one evening, we will take a drive into the beautiful Sinai mountains by 4×4. There will be time to chill and enjoy refreshments as the sun goes down. We will then enjoy a magical Bedouin fire-side BBQ and sip delicious Egyptian tea under the stars before returning to the hotel. This adventure is included in the price (with the exception of alcoholic drinks, which can be organised locally).
Another popular activity is an afternoon quad biking through the desert. This is great fun and we usually stop for refreshments during the course of the activity, before returning to base. This is an optional activity and is payable locally for those that wish to have a go.
A Special Scuba 2000 Price
The price has been specially negotiated for us and includes:
- 7 nights 4* hotel – Swiss Inn Resort, Garden View room
- Breakfast and dinner at the hotel
- 5 days diving with Black Rock Dive Centre (2 days boat and 3 days shore diving)
- 2 tank dives per day (tank and weights provided)
- Local dive guides
- A Scuba 2000 team to take care of you during your trip
- Lunch on the boat or at the shore diving locations
- Post dive ‘deco’ beer / beverage at the dive centre
- Local transfers to / from the airport and dive sites
- A magical Bedouin fire-side BBQ evening in the mountains, under the stars
- All VAT, taxes, national park fees and permission fees for all dives sites.
- Some exclusions apply (e.g. international flights) – see details below.
- These prices are guaranteed until 31st December 2021 and are based on a 50% (non-refundable) deposit being paid by this date. Prices may change in 2022 – so book now to secure these prices.
- Prices are based on two people sharing a room. Single supplements and room upgrades may be available upon request.
- Final payments will be due a minimum of 3 weeks before departure.
- A cheaper, budget hotel option may also be available on request but this is a B & B option only and does not include evening meals.
Flights and Transfers
The price includes transfers to / from Sharm-el-Sheikh airport and the hotel, as well as local transfers to dive sites and the Bedouin experience.
Please note that the price excludes international flights. For those who wish to travel from London, we will book together as a group next year, once numbers are confirmed and will aim for the best price available at the time.
For flights from other airports, we will work with you to ensure we time arrivals / departures appropriately.
The following items are not included but required.
- Visa – if required. British passport holders travelling to Sharm el Sheikh & Dahab are currently exempt for a stay of up to 15 days. Other passports may require a visa.
- Personal holiday insurance – must include diving as a permitted activity or you must have separate dive insurance cover.
- Kit hire – if you need anything in addition to the tank / weights provided, contact us to discuss.
- Spending money to cover alcohol / some soft drinks and other incidentals.
- Tips for the local dive crew (optional but customary; payable locally).
The following items are not included and are optional.
- Extra dives – 20 euros per dive and payable locally
- Quad biking – optional activity and payable locally
- Scuba 2000 ‘Dahab 2022’ trip t-shirt in black or pink (£17.50)
Watch the Highlights from Previous Trips to Dahab
How to Book
To book this trip, all we will need from you is a 50% deposit as soon as possible. Please e-mail us if you want to come.
Please note the prices above are only guaranteed until 31st December 2021. As many suppliers will likely put up prices next year, there is a good chance these rates will change in the new year.