Open Water Diver
*Pool sessions are scheduled over 5 sessions. However, we provide additional training if we feel it is needed for your confidence or safety.
Open Water Diver is truly your passport to the underwater world. The SSI Open Water Diver certification is globally-recognised and the most popular entry level course. If you want to start exploring the magic of the oceans around the world, this is the course for you!
On completion of the course, you will be certified to dive to a maximum depth of 18 metres (for 15 years+). Junior Open Water Divers (10 – 15 years) will be able to dive to 12 metres, with a qualified and responsible adult diver.
SSI Open Water Diver is also the starting point for a lifetime of underwater exploration. You can start to build more experience and take specialty training in particular areas of interest – wreck diving, deep diving, dry suit diving, navigation, night diving, boat diving, stress and rescue or enriched air nitrox (for safer diving and longer bottom time) are just a few of the possibilities.
Why choose us
Here’s why you should choose us for your Open Water course.
- We are friendly, professional and family-oriented
- Safety is our number one priority. Fun and customer experience is second
- No pressure teaching style
- Small groups
- Private 1:1 training offered (additional fees apply)
- For family groups or private courses, we can schedule dates to suit your needs
- Complete your pool and theory training in the UK. Choose to complete your open water dives in the UK or abroad.
- We strive to exceed the basic standards set by SSI to provide the very best training you will find
- We meet or exceed standards set by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
- Our instructors have deep experience in a wide range of conditions, in the UK and abroad
- On average, our instructors have more than 1,000 dives each
- We use well-maintained, top quality equipment for your comfort and safety.
What we offer
Our standard individual price is based on a maximum of 2 students to each instructor. We can tailor a package specifically for you, including VIP 1:1, couples, families, groups etc. We would be delighted to discuss this with you. Please get in touch!
£ 600One time fee
- Your digital training
- Your pool tuition (maximum 2 : 1 ratio)
- Your open water dives (maximum 2 : 1 ratio)
- Your equipment hire
- Your air fills
- Your digital SSI certification card.
Every diver will have different reasons for wanting to learn. SSI allows us to provide a flexible approach to create the right training for you. We can’t include every possible option here, so please get in touch to discuss your personal requirements. Here are some ideas!
- Learn or qualify in warmer waters!
- Equipment or course bundles to suit your needs
- Private tuition
- Learn & stay with us in Cornwall (ideal for couples).
What's not included
We have made our pricing as complete as possible. Due to the nature of this course, there will be some variable charges that are additional (shown below). We can provide indicative costs for you once we discuss where you will be completing your open water dives. Let’s have a chat!
- Travel and accommodation
- Food and drinks
- Entry fees to training sites (if applicable)
- Credit card style SSI certification card.
Want to book this course?
If you’re ready to book this course, great! If you want to have a chat first or find out more about private or tailored packages, please reach out.